Peer Review Process | Plagiarism Screening | Open Access Policy | Copyright & License| Privacy Statement | Retraction
Peer Review Process
We are committed to prompt evaluation and publication of fully accepted articles in Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839). To maintain a high-quality publication, all submissions undergo a rigorous review process (approximately 12 weeks).
We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate for the article. We used a double-blind peer-reviewing process. Detailed information about the flow for the manuscript submission (author) to the acceptance by the editor is shown in the following figure.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author) (route 1)
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors) (route 2). Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, a plagiarism check using Turnitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers) (route 3-4)
- Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by editor to author based on reviewers comments) (route 5)
- Paper Revision (by author)
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with similar flow to point number 1. (route 1)
- If reviewer seems to be satisfied with revision, notification for acceptance (by editor). (route 6)
- Galley proof and publishing process (route 7 and 8)
The steps point number 1 to 5 is considered as 1 round of peer-reviewing process (see grey area in the figure). And, our reviewing process at least goes through 2 round of reviewing process.
The journal editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- Accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- Accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- Accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- Revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- Reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions
There is no communication between authors and editors concerning the rejection decision.
Authors whose papers are rejected will be informed with the reasons for the rejection.
Articles submitted to Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839) will be screened using Turnitin Software before going through to review process. Turnitin is used as a tool to check plagiarism where the results of checking plagiarism in JATI have a tolerance of 20%. If there is an indication of plagiarism (for example more than 21%), the manuscript will instantly be rejected.
Open Access Policy
Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839) provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Its free availability on the public internet, permitting any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without financial, legal, or technical barriers other than those inseparable from gaining access to the internet itself.
Copyright & License
The author who published the article on Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
JATI is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The name and email address entered in Open Journal System Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839) will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be used for other purposes or distributed to other parties.
Jurnal Teknologi dan Informasi (JATI) (p-ISSN: 2088-2270, e-ISSN: 2655-6839) adapts the article retraction guidelines based on the COPE Retraction Guidelines. On JATI, articles are retracted if:
- There is clear evidence that the article through data falsification and experimental error,
- It constitutes plagiarism,
- It reports unethical research, and
- The author requests article to be retracted, so the author must fulfill the compensation or penalty (see Penalty Fee).