Peer Review Process
Please note that the times to review the manuscript could be either quicker or slower depending on the submission timing of publication time for each issue. After submitting the manuscript on our website, the editor will do a screening check regarding the manuscript's scope, format or layout, as well as plagiarism check. After the basic review process, we conduct an Anonymous Peer Review. The content will be reviewed as the identity of the reviewer is unknown to the author and vice versa. The peer review is done while the identity of both parties remain anonymous throughout the process.
All papers are fully peer-reviewed. We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate (at least two reviewers per article). We used Blind peer-reviewing process. We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate for the article. Detailed information about the flow for the manuscript submission (author) to the acceptance by the editor is shown in the following figure.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author) (route 1)
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors) (route 2). Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, a plagiarism check using Turnitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers) (route 3-4)
- Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by editor to author based on reviewers comments) (route 5)
- Paper Revision (by author)
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with similar flow to point number 1. (route 1)
- If reviewer seems to be satisfied with revision, notification for acceptance (by editor). (route 6)
- Galley proof and publishing process (route 7 and 8)
The steps point number 1 to 5 is considered as 1 round of peer-reviewing process (see grey area in the figure). And, our reviewing process at least goes through 2 round of reviewing process.
The journal editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
- Accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
- Accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
- Accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
- Revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
- Reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions
There is no communication between authors and editors concerning the rejection decision.
Authors whose papers are rejected will be informed with the reasons for the rejection.