Peer Review Process
Authors must submit manuscript through the system for being considered published in the journal published by Universitas Komputer Indonesia. For being published, manuscript must go through a peer review process (blind-reviewing process). We only publish articles that have been reviewed and approved by highly qualified researchers with expertise in a field appropriate.
The acceptance or rejection of manuscript submitted by author(s) will be decided by the editorial boards, which is based on the review results. The first screening is the content/scope as well as the novelty from the article submitted, which is done by the editor. After passing the first screening, to get fair reviewing process, our journal usually proceeds each article with at least 3 reviewers: 1 internal reviewer (from Universitas Komputer Indonesia) and the others are external reviewers.
There are no communications between authors and reviewers during the reviewing process. Also, there are no communications between authors and editors regarding the rejection decision.
Authors whose papers are accepted, revised, rejected will be informed with the results from the reviewers.
The steps for the reviewing process are in the following figure.
In short, the steps are:
- Manuscript Submission (by author) (route 1)
- Manuscript Check and Selection (by manager and editors) (route 2). Editors have a right to directly accept, reject, or review. Prior to further processing steps, plagiarism check using turtitin is applied for each manuscript.
- Manuscript Reviewing Process (by reviewers) (route 3-4)
- Notification of Manuscript Acceptance, Revision, or Rejection (by editor to author based on reviewers comments) (route 5)
- Paper Revision (by author)
- Revision Submission based on Reviewer Suggestion (by author) with similar flow to point number 1. (route 1)
- If reviewer seems to be satisfied with revision, notification for acceptance (by editor). (route 6)
- Galley proof and publishing process (route 7 and 8)
The steps point number 1 to 5 is considered as 1 round of peer-reviewing process (see grey area in the figure). And, our reviewing process at least goes through 2 round of reviewing process.
The journal editor or editorial board considers the feedback provided by the peer reviewers and arrives at a decision. The following are the most common decisions:
(i) accept without any changes (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper in its original form
(ii) accept with minor revisions (acceptance): the journal will publish the paper and asks the author to make small corrections
(iii) accept after major revisions (conditional acceptance ): the journal will publish the paper provided the authors make the changes suggested by the reviewers and/or editors
(iv)revise and resubmit (conditional rejection): the journal is willing to reconsider the paper in another round of decision making after the authors make major changes
(v) reject the paper (outright rejection): the journal will not publish the paper or reconsider it even if the authors make major revisions