The publication ethics adapted by COMMON refer to The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and LIPI Head Regulation Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Scientific Publication Code of Ethics.
All parties (authors, editorial boards, and bestari partners) associated with scientific publications at COMMON must comply with the publication ethics mentioned above.
The following is a brief Publication Ethics applied by Common Journal.
This scientific publication ethics statement is a statement of the ethical code of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, bestari partners, and authors. Scientific Publication Ethics essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, means freedom from conflicts of interest in publication management; (ii) Justice, means granting authorship rights to those entitled to be authors; and (iii) Honesty, means free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers:
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and other parties to a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and bestari partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Conduct journal policy reviews and submit them to authors/writers, board of editors, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guides for editors and reviewers.
- Publish journal regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers,
- Strive to improve the quality of publications in a sustainable manner,
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the contents and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author/writer,
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- Examine the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/writers and bestari partners and improve them to increase responsibility and reduce mistakes,
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Does not defend own opinion, author or third party which may result in an objective decision,
- Encouraging authors/writers, so that they can make improvements to their written works so that they are worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners:
- Receive assignments from the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the review to the editor, as material for determining the eligibility of a paper for publication.
- Reviewers may not conduct a review of written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
- Encourage authors/writers to make improvements to their writing
- Reviewing the written work that has been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of Author/Writer:
- Ensuring that those included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as authors/writers.
- Responsible collectively for the work and the content of the article including methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations in the research
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if you want to withdraw your written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.